October 11-12, 2018
The programme of the event has tracks in Spanish and English.
The Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are a popular phenomenon in the online learning world. Today many institutions offer MOOCs. This phenomenon has not only created a new trend in online education, it also has been adopted by a number of institutions around the world, allowing spaces for research in pedagogical, technological and organizational aspects.
This conference will focus on the exchange of popular trends and research results, as well as the presentation of practical experiences gained while developing MOOCs; we invite researchers, technologists, and course designers from universities and industry to share their approaches and perspectives on key topics, including analytics and data mining, assessment, credentialing, pedagogy aspects, gamification, cloud services and resources, universal design, accessibility and technological frameworks/architectures.
This event will be a reference MOOCs conference for Latin America. This conference is organized by the MOOC-Maker project. An initiative co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme – European Union. The MOOC-Maker consortium is composed by nine Higher Education Institutions from Europe and Latin America.
Topic of Interest
- Flipped classroom
- Big data/ smart data
- Machine learning
- Accessibility – inclusion
- LMS-CMS and digital content
- Pedagogical issues
- Clour services and resources
- Instructional Design for MOOCs
- Reuse of MOOCs
- Attrition and retention in MOOCs
We invite contributions in English or Spanish in the following categories:
- Research and Experience papers (up to 10 pages)
- Work in Progress (Research and Experience) papers (up to 6 pages).
- Posters (Research and Experience) (up to 2 pages).
- Description of workshops (up to 2 pages).
- Research and Experience papers – July 27, 2018
- Work in Progress papers – July 27, 2018
- Posters – July 27, 2018
- Workshops proposals – July 27, 2018
- Notification of acceptance – August 27, 2018
- Camera-ready submission – September 7, 2018
- Conference dates: October 11-12, 2018
- Papers will be prepared according to the Springer LNCS format available in: Springer LNCS format
Submission: Papers will be submitted through Easychair. Submit your paper/workshop/poster
Regular Rate (US$180 – COP $540.000)
Early Bird Rate (before September 7) (US$150 – COP $450.000)
This ticket gives access to all sessions, workshops, meals and paper publication for authors.
English and Spanish
Hotel TRYP Medellín, Calle 50 (Calle Colombia) # 70 – 124 Medellín, Colombia (Visit venue website)
Teresa Luna Ramírez, Fundación Universitaria Católica del Norte, Colombia.
Rocael Hernández Rizzardini, Galileo University, Guatemala.
Antonio Moreira Teixeira, Universidad Aberta, Portugal.
Research Track Chairs
Carlos Alario-Hoyos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
Christian Guetl, Graz University of Technology, Austria.
Experience Track Chairs
Mariela Román, Universidad Panamericana, Guatemala.
Gustavo Ramirez-Gonzalez, Universidad del Cauca, Colombia
Carlos Alario, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Gustavo Ramirez-Gonzalez, Universidad del Cauca
Hector R. Amado-Salvatierra, Universidad Galileo
Mar Pérez, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Óscar Jerez, Universidad de Chile
Mariela Román, Universidad Panamericana
Rocael Hernández, Universidad Galileo
MOOC-Maker - Co-funded Erasmus+ European Union Rights Reserved.